The West Amwell Preschool provides a developmentally appropriate preschool curriculum based on the New Jersey Preschool Teaching and Learning Expectations: Standards of Quality. Instruction is provided by a certified Special Education teacher with more than ten years experience at the preschool level. The program is designed to meet the individual needs of children, ages 3-5 years old, who have been determined to have a disability.
Preschool classes are located at Lambertville Public School. Transportation is provided to West Amwell students. Lambertville Public School is a walking district.
- To meet the individual needs of each student
- To engage and motivate students in meaningful learning
- To assist students in the process of growing physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually
- To provide an atmosphere of love, acceptance and support so the students become confident in their own abilities
- To build a collaborative relationship between school staff and parents to achieve and sustain shared goals for the children